PCAS Certification Process
The process to PCAS Certification requires a number of steps to be fulfilled and annual on-farm audit are needed to remain certified.
To become Certified Pasturefed and be eligible to use the suite of certification marks (the PCAS logo), you must:
- Register your PIC(s) on the PCAS website and pay the annual administration fee.
- Choose one of the approved PCAS Certification Bodies to conduct the on-farm audit and complete a pre-audit application form. Your chosen Certification Body will then contact you with a quote and set a date for the audit.
- Prepare for the on-farm audit through ensuring that appropriate records are available. The PCAS Website has useful Guides and Templates to help you prepare.
- Conducted the on-farm audit and action any areas the auditor identifies as requiring improvements.
- You will then gain full PCAS Certification! Your Certification Body will issue you with a PCAS Certificate, valid for a year, and you will be given full access to the website, allowing you to download the PCAS Vendor Declaration and the PCAS Logos.
- To ensure your certification remains valid you will be required to conduct annual on-farm audits and pay an administration fee.